The Joint Benefice of Holy Cross Church, Haltwhistle and St. Cuthbert’s Church, Greenhead
This statement has been adopted by the Parish of Holy Cross Church, Haltwhistle and the Parish of St. Cuthbert’s Church, Greenhead at meetings of the respective Parochial Church Councils during Spring 2022.
As members of these Parishes we commit ourselves to care for one another safely. We recognise that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as at risk at some time in our lives.
We commit ourselves to:
- the Safeguarding of people who may be at risk, ensuring their wellbeing in the life of these churches.
- promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
- promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be at risk.
- recruit safely following recognised procedures.
- supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work with children/young people and adults who might be at risk.
It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse. We will report any abuse that we discover or suspect.
We agree to work within the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese of Newcastle.
Each person who works within these church communities will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by these churches.
These churches appoint the following as Parish safeguarding Officers and DBS Administrators:
Stephanie Wigham (Holy Cross Church, Haltwhistle)
Keith Teasdale (St. Cuthbert’s Church, Greenhead)
This joint policy will be reviewed each year by both Parochial Church Councils and will be re-affirmed at each Annual General Meeting as appropriate.