In the Lady Chapel there is a small Piscina which is often mistaken for a leper’s squint. It is in fact a wash basin for sacred vessels.
During the restoration of 1870 marks were discovered that suggested that there had been an altar attached to the east end of the aisle.
Two grave covers bearing the Thirlwell arms (three boars’ heads) were also found there. The grave covers are now in the sanctuary.
Taking also into consideration the Thirlwell arms it would seem that the south aisle was once a Thirlwell Chantry. The window in memory of the wife, son, and eldest daughter of Canon Lowe, depicts St. Edwin and St. Aidan.